“I coach classes for anyone, beginner or professional, who is serious about learning and serious about improving their skills.”
Gareth has worked as an actor, director, writer and coach for 30 years. In the last 3 years, 38 of his students have gained places at schools of their choice including London schools RADA, LAMDA, Central, East 15, Mountview Academy and Australian schools NIDA, WAAPA, VCA, ACA, and QUT.
Gareth’s students continue to work professionally in film, TV, stage, radio and voice-overs.
Two have won Matilda Awards. Two have 24 month contracts on
Home and Away. One has just completed a 12 month contract for ABC.
As an actor, Gareth has worked with many high profile actors including Jack Thompson, Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman, Albert Finney, Sam West, Richard Griffiths and comedians such as Ross Noble, Frank Skinner, and Jack Dee.
Gareth believes actors only grow through a strong work ethic and continuous training. He has a firmly held belief in tertiary education for actors and the major benefits it brings. He continues to train with industry leaders such as Patsy Rodenburg and Richard Schechner.
A strong work ethic is essential for these classes.
- Serge in London’s award-winning production of ART
- Maecenas in the Royal National Theatre production of Antony & Cleopatra
- Capulet in Sherman Theatre’s production of Romeo and Juliet
- Series regular/Guest lead in The Bill, Casualty, Eastenders, Without Motive and The Bench
- Gav in Crooked Business for Chris Nyst
- Freddie Marshal in K9 for Metal Mutt Productions
- Edinburgh Festival Awards – (Fringe First & Pick of the Fringe)